Food match for
2015 Helen & Joey Alena Chardonnay
Inspired by the Noosa Food & Wine Festival. This Yarra Valley Chardonnay is the perfect match with Grilled Pork.
Grilled Ham / cauliflower “white sauce” / tomatoes, thyme and spinach. (serves four)
500g Premium smoked off the bone ham, such as Grandma Ham, cut as four even “steaks”
1 medium head of cauliflower, finely chopped
500ml almond or oat milk
1 tablespoon hot English mustard
250ml walnut or grapeseed oil
1 nutmeg, grated
1 punnet cherry tomatoes
180g baby spinach, washed
10 sprigs thyme
80ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper
- Heat the almond or oat milk in a large heavy based saucepan and add the finely chopped cauliflower, and sufficient boiling water to 2/3rds of volume of cauliflower. Cover and simmer until the cauliflower is soft.
- Meanwhile, place the spinach, cherry tomatoes, thyme sprigs, olive oil and 80ml of water in an oven or baking dish and cook uncovered in a hot (200 degree C) oven until tomatoes colour and collapse and spinach has shrivelled. Stir to combine ingredients and reserve in a warm place.
- Place the cauliflower and cooking liquid, plus mustard and nutmeg and in a blender and blend to smooth. Season to taste and continue to blend slowly adding the nut oil. Reserve in a warm place or saucepan on low heat.
- Place the ham steaks on a hot barbecue grill or griddle plate for five minutes, or until coloured, turn and cook the reverse side for 3 minutes.
- To plate, place the ham steaks in the centre of warm plates, cover generously with white sauce and garnish with the thyme tomatoes.
Related Tag: Buy Red Wine online